• 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
• 1 pound Andouille sausages, cut into 1/3-inch pieces
• 1 12-ounce package breakfast-style bulk sausage
• 3 cups chopped onions
• 2 cups chopped celery
• 2 cups chopped red bell peppers
• 1 cup chopped green onions
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
• 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
• 12 ounces dry corn bread stuffing mix
• 1 1/2 cups (about) canned low-salt chicken broth
1. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add all sausages and cook until brown and cooked through, breaking up bulk sausage with back of a fork, about 5 minutes.
3. Add onions, celery and red bell peppers. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
4. Stir in green onions, thyme, hot pepper sauce and sage. Transfer sausage mixture to large bowl.
5. Stir stuffing mix into sausage mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
6. This recipe can be prepared one day ahead: Cover and refrigerate.
Touch Bayou Catering is an upscale, full-service, off-premises catering company specializing in Cajun, Creole and Beyond (International Cuisine) and serving all of New Jersey, the Philadelphia area and parts of New York. The company provides delicious multi-cultural, international menus, arranged beautifully in the client’s setting of choice, with professional and personal service. Touch Bayou has been placed on the Preferred Caterer’s List of the Newark Museum, the Montclair Art Museum, WISOMMM Cultural Center in Newark, the South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) and the Welmont Theater in Montclair, NJ.