Even with blizzard conditions recently hitting the upper Mid West, there are signs of spring popping up around us. We're seeing fashions and swimwear beginning to emerge teasing us that warmer temperatures will be emerging soon. New hair style looks are another indicator that a seasonal change is in the midst.
To ensure your hair is ready for shift from winter to spring, award-winning hair stylist Joey Noufal has outlined a few recommendations to help combat winter dryness and take you into spring moisture.
1. Change your hair products. Switch to a moisturizing shampoo during winter months. Profound, Goldwell and Redken all have great moisturizing hair products. You need this added moisturizer for your hair due to the added dryness in the air...both inside and out. You will not need as much moisture once the air conditioning kicks on later in the spring or early summer.
2. Use a frizz eliminator product: A frizz eliminator is great year-round to control all over hair or specific problem areas. In the winter, this product helps reduce static too resulting from heat. For fine hair, only use on the ends as if you use too much or all over, you can result with an oily look. For thicker or curly hair, use 2-3 drops all over to smooth out and control the frizz year-round. Be sure to continue to integrate this product into warmer months for this type of hair. One great frizz eliminator product is CHI's Silk Infusion.
3. Leave conditioner in longer: When washing your hair, leave your conditioner in for 2-3 minutes for maximum winter benefits and to trap in the much needed moisture during these harsh months.
4. Special conditioning treatment at salon or at home: By applying a treatment such as Loreal's Power Dose, hair regains a natural, soft and silky feel. This treatment can be applied year-round.
5. Shed the length: Going into spring and summer, shorter styles will emerge from hibernation. Lengths around the shoulder featuring big curls featuring lots of movement and big waves will be the style of the season.
"Hair is changing really fast moving from season to season," says Joey. "From a color perspective we will see big chunks under the hair with not too many on top resulting in a more natural look yet brightening the face."
About Joey Noufal:
Joey Noufal is an award-winning hair stylist and make up artist with expertise in color application, hair cut techniques, effects of highlighting, corrective coloring and Japanese Relaxers. A Goldwell Haircolor International color educator and salon owner, Joey has received several color international certifications. Founder of Noufal Hair Color Studio in the Washington DC Metropolitan area, Joey has celebrity styling experience including local politicians, television stars such as HGTV's Vern Yip, rock musicians such as David Grohl, The Gypsy Kings and more. In addition, he has made house calls to numerous foreign dignitaries and Royal Families to meet their needs privately. Visit www.noufalhaircolorstudio.com.