Trail Mix Day is a coming up and here is a unique granola recipe. This sweet and salty combination is a favorite of all ages, easy to prepare and ready to eat in minutes!
Mix it up with these nutritious and delicious ingredients, guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds (without the bulge.)
- Granola: Take advantage of chewy delicious warm oats prepared in minutes with T-fal ActiFry –a revolutionary multi-cooker that puts out granola with only 193 calories and rich in fiber. Recipe found below and at www.tfal.com
- Dried Fruit: Pineapples, blueberries and apricots (just to name a few!) Less than 200 calories and loaded with vitamins
- Nuts and seeds: The touch of salt you crave with the protein and healthy fats you need
- Craisins: Tangy and sweet with zero grams of fat
- Chocolate pieces: Add M&M pieces to satisfy your sweet tooth (dark chocolate contains antioxidants good for the heart!)
Nutritious and Delicious Granola
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
2 cups rolled oats
¾ cup coarsely chopped unsalted nuts of your choice
½ teaspoon of canola oil
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup of dried fruit of choice
- Put the oats, nuts, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir until evenly coated.
- Put the oat mixture into the ActiFry pan and cook for 7 minutes, until the oats and nuts are well toasted. Add the dried fruit and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove ActiFry pan from its base and allow the mixture to cool for 15 minutes. It will crisp further as it cools. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.