TODAY.com, the online home of America’s No. 1 morning program, kicked off TODAY DIY Style Week (October 24-28) today with creative do-it-yourself projects from leading style experts, including TODAY style editor Bobbie Thomas. TODAY DIY Style Week showcases the rise of DIY style and offers viewers “how to” tutorials for making their own jewelry, fashion and technology accessories.
TODAY DIY Style Week features the following DIY tutorials on TODAY.com:
· Monday: Bobbie Thomas, TODAY style editor. See how to make foiled fashion.
· Tuesday: Eric Domesek, PS I Made This. Learn how to make an iPad cover.
· Wednesday: Geneva Vanderzeil, A Pair and A Spare. Find out the simple steps for making a scarf watch.
· Thursday: Kristen Turner, Glitter ‘n Glue. Get the scoop on how to make a faux fur collar.
· Friday: Jenni Radosevich, I Spy DIY. See the simple steps for making rhinestone earrings.
TODAY.com is searching for the next DIY star. Viewers can enter the TODAY DIY Style Week Challenge now through Friday, October 28, 2011 at 5 p.m. (ET). Viewers can submit photos and videos of their best DIY fashions and related accessories by going to TODAY.com. The best submission will win a DIY prize from TODAY style editor Bobbie Thomas and a DIY tutorial on TODAY.com. The winner will be announced on TODAY.com on Tuesday, November 1.
"Style is the way you speak to the world without words," said Bobbie Thomas, TODAY style editor. “This modern view of self-expression encourages everyone to not only be unique, but resourceful. The mantra, rethink, reuse, and reinvent is great not only for the environment, but your bank account. Why wouldn’t you want to DIY?”
“We’re very excited to host such a talented lineup of DIY style bloggers,” said Rina Raphael, TODAY.com style editor. “We hope to inspire readers to get creative and share their unique, personal projects with our online community.”
In addition to the DIY tutorials and DIY style slideshows, consumers can share information about the series using the hashtag: #DIYWeekTODAY as well as through the TODAY Facebook page, TODAY Style Pinterest, and TODAY Tumblr pages.