|English: Map of Woodstock, New York (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Women At Woodstock, a series of annual retreats for women 50 (or so) and up, is expanding this year to both coasts, coming to Berkeley this July as well as repeating last year's inaugural retreat in October in Woodstock, New York. The Berkeley retreat will run from, and the Woodstock, New York retreat will run .
These iconic women from the Boomer generation are among those speaking and leading workshops at this year's retreats:
Suzanne Braun Levine - the first editor of Ms. Magazine and author of several books on women in the post-50 stage of life.
Gloria Loring - singer, songwriter, and actress, known to many as Liz Chandler on "Days of Our Lives" .
Angela Mason - Director of Development for Women's Earth Alliance and former advocate for women at children for World Vision.
Alice Barden - a multiple award winning actress and playwright/performer of "Alice and Elizabeth's One-Woman Show".
Barbara Hannah Grufferman - over-50 fitness expert and star of the online television series hosted by AARP, "The Best of Everything" .
Gwen Gordon - An expert on and advocate for play in adult life; and former designer and builder of Muppets for Sesame Street.
Sherry Amatenstein - author of The Complete Marriage Counselor and an interviewer for Steven Spielberg's Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation.
Bobbi Palmer - dating and relationship coach for women over 40 and CEO of "Date Like A Grownup".
Carolyn Braddock - Nationally known speaker and creator of the Braddock Body Process
Women At Woodstock retreats have attracted sponsorships by Wello Women, a program of PepsiCo Nutrition Ventures, Slater Success Coaching, and Date Like A Grownup, among others.
Registration is open to any interested woman age 50 (or so) and above and may be done online at http://womenatwoodstock.com/
register/. Each retreat is limited to 100 women to maintain an intimate atmosphere for all workshops, discussions, and activities and to allow participants to meet and get to know the presenters personally. Early registration is encouraged to avoid losing out on available spots.
- Boomer women are hungry for gatherings like Women At Woodstock - content-rich retreats by and for women over 50 that are about all aspects of their lives.
- Women At Woodstock's inaugural event in 2012 was notable because it:
- Was promoted solely through word of mouth and social media
- Attracted 50 women from all over the US - California to New York - and Canada - to gather at a secluded spa in Woodstock, NY for a 4-day retreat
- Attracted notable speakers: Suzanne Braun Levine, the original editor of Ms. Magazine; Amy Ferris, playwright & author of Marrying George Clooney; Hannah B. Grufferman, author of The Best of Everything After 50; Kristine Van Raden and Molly Davis, editors of Letters To Our Daughters; and many more accomplished women
- Created bonds, connections, and friendships that are strengthening and growing to this day; many Women At Woodstock alumnae continue to regularly email, call, and meet with one another; several now do business together; and some have even vacationed together
- Is a harbinger of things to come; over-50 women who came of age in the 60's and 70's are reconnecting and reigniting their passions - for creativity, for change, for doing good in the world, and for wielding power both personal and political
- In short, "the times they are a-changing" for Boomer women - all over again. Women At Woodstock is at the forefront of this movement toward reconnection, inspiration, and change.